University of Strathclyde
- ALPHA-X (Advanced Laser-Plasma High-energy Accelerators towards X-rays) beamline, powered by a 30 TW Ti:sapphire laser.
- SCAPA (Scottish Centre for the Application of Plasma-based Accelerators).
Queen’s University Belfast
- TARANIS 80 TW laser system + ion beam line.
University of Surrey
- Micro-beam line and imaging systems.
University of Huddersfield
- EMMA Fixed Field Accelerating Gradient Accelerator.
Supporters and collaborators
Extensive international connections. Project collaborators and supporters in Portugal, Germany, Switzerland, Korea, Japan, USA. Strong involvement with FP7 roadmap projects Extreme Light Infrastructure (upcoming EU facilities in Czech Republic and Romania) and HiPER (laser-fusion).
Strong linkages with science and application laboratories. Daresbury, CLF-RAL, NPL, NNL.
End-users connections. Linkage with 8 Medical institutions, 2 proton-therapy trial sites, and industrial partners (D-TAQ, SINAPSE, ANDOR).